I love banana bread. It’s one of my favorite treats to make but with this recipe, it combines the best of both worlds. With chocolaty goodness and delicious banana, you can’t go wrong. The recipe is fairly simple and the longest processes is it’s baking.
With Landon’s Allergies, we can’t use nuts. So with this recipe, I added nutmeg. It give it a “nutty” flavor that is safe for us to have. I wasn’t sure, with the chocolate chips and cocoa powder how it was going to taste but the kids and my husband all really loved it.
This Banana bread is dense though. Its also rich in flavor so I cut it into slices and then cut the slices in half. I can’t wait to make this bread again!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted melted butter
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 2-3 Ripe Banana’s Mashed
- ⅛ cup Water
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees and let pre heat. Butter a 9′ x 5′ Loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium Sized bowl, mix all dry ingredients. (Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and Baking powder) Mix together and set aside.
- Melt butter in either the microwave or on the stove stop.
- Mix Butters, egg, milk, vanilla, and water together in a large bowl. Add mashed banana’s.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the “wet” bowl and mix together.
- Don’t over mix. Just until all the dry ingredients are blended in. Fold in Chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Place in oven for 55-65 minutes. Place a fork or tooth pick in the middle. When it comes up free of batter, Double Chocolate banana bread is done.
- Let sit in pan for 10-15 minutes and then flip it over onto the cooling rack.