I have been looking for the perfect recipe for a beef pot roast for a while. Any time we’ve made them in the past, the meat always comes out really dry. We had recently bought a roast though because it’s a great meal and lasts for a day or two as leftovers.
But I found a recipe that works! I found it on this site and modified it some to add more flavor. I added Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Carrots and potatoes.
This roast was delicious. It wasn’t dried out. The Veggies were tender and full of flavor. The meat did come out looking a tad pink. But from what I found, this is normal in a slow cooker with liquid. Sitting out for the half hour made it look normal so it wasn’t anything to worry about. Chris said he thought I put too many onions but I really liked it so your taste is what should really guide you on your onion usage. Just be sure to layer so the beef roast isn’t sitting on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- 3lb Beef Roast
- 1- 14.5 Ounce Can Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 package Au Jus Flavor Packet
- 1 packet of Italian Dressing Mix (I used Good Season)
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tps Garlic Powder
- 1 tps Black Pepper
- 1 tps Salt
- 1 package Baby Carrots
- 1 Sweet White Onion
- 10 small gourmet potatoes
- Mix Au Jus Packet, Italian Dressing Mix, Beef Broth, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Powder, Pepper and Salt. Set aside.
- Cut whole onion up and cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rinse baby carrots and layer on top of onions.
- Rinse and Cut up potatoes into quarters. Layer on top of carrots.
- Place roast on top of veggies.
- Pour wet mixture evenly over the top of the roast. Cover with lid and play on low.
- Let roast cook for 6 hours on low. Remove Veggies. Switch to high heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove roast at the end of 30 minutes. Let sit out for about a half hour to cool.